Monday, July 30, 2012

Tiny Beautiful LOVE

I know, I know.  I literally just talked about the new books I got less than 24 hours ago.  I cannot help myself here.  I have to share something.

I began reading "Tiny Beautiful Things: Advice on Love and Life from Dear Sugar" and even though I've only read three letters and their responses each of them is so beautiful they have made me cry.  I have shed tears throughout each of them and the amazing responses of Cheryl Strayed.  Even though this isn't my official review, I will leave you with a little something to convince you to press order on Amazon or that will send you to your nearest book store to follow along with me :)

Here is one of my favorite excerpts so far, and excuse the French:

"Love is a feeling we have for those we deeply care about and hold in high regard.  It can be light as the hug we gave a friend or heavy as the sacrifices we make for our children.  It can be romantic, platonic, familial, fleeting, everlasting, conditional, unconditional, imbued with sorrow, stoked by sex, sullied by abuse, amplified by kindness, twisted by betrayal, deepened by time, darkened by difficulty, leavened by generosity, nourished by humor, and "loaded with promises and commitments" that we may or may not want or keep.  The best thing you can possibly do with your life is to tackle the motherfucking shit out of love."

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment