|Remember my mantra?|
Now that we are one third of the way through 2013 (eek!) I think it's a perfect time to check in with my goals for the year.
Let's take a look back at what I said here.
Go on a blind date Ask someone out on a date, because who says I can't go after what I want?
- Find a more unified theme for my blog, and increase my viewing audience
- Go on at least four brewery tours by the end of the year
- Ride a hot air balloon
Send birthday packages/care packages/cards to show I love my family and friends
- Buy all Christmas gifts by the end of November
- Send out Christmas cards by the first week of December
- Make a habit out of reading CNN, just like I read blogs/social media sites
- Every time I open social media I have to open CNN or another news source
Minimizing all meat intake to once a week I've done a great job doing this so far Go ALL OUT for holidays (Valentine's, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Fourth of July, Mardi Gras)
- Travel abroad at least once this year
Travel to NYC, New Orleans, Dallas (for you, Sarah), Boston, Seattle, and Santa Fe
- Take another road trip across the country
See more of my best friends (in person) Go to at least one concert
- Continue to improve my yoga practice, and master at least two more headstands, including variations of dolphin and scorpion
Join a yoga studio by the end of September 2013
- Join a gym with spinning classes by the end of September 2013 and join
- Find a team sport/ book club (not physical, but still) / beer tasting club or other group the join by October 2013
If accepted to a graduate program I want to choose one that will help achieve my long-term professional goals Apply to work at Teach For America's Summer Institute to gain professional development and better improve my management skills and leading a group of people towards success. Decided not to apply after all.
- Give my students a purpose every day for why they are in my classroom, with a goal-driven mindset until they exit in May 2013
- Mentor at minimum two more students individually on their life goals
- Set up a field trip for my Spanish I & Spanish II students by end of March 2013
- Make sure I am always doing something to work for social justice, whether that is volunteering somewhere new, helping individuals, or donating to a cause.
Not bad, huh? Lots has been happening since the last time I graced the blog world with my presence. Let's recap...
- I went home to Texas and spent an incredible amount of time with one of my best friends
|Taken in East Austin, Texas|
- My favorite blogger has reduced her blogging to once or twice a week
- I have since then learned that age is just a number. Just a number. JUST. A. NUMBER.
- Felt.."free like bluebonnets in the summer"
|Bluebonnets are the Texas state flower and bloom in the springtime in the Hill Country|
- Continued to sit on my porch
- Started reading the book Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
|The Mantra by Rivet and Sway on top and the Sims frame by Warby Parker on the bottom|
- Went to the beach
- Drank some good craft beer
What are you reading/drinking/enjoying?
Have you checked in on your New Year's Resolutions?