Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Cat Eye Tuesday

I am all about the cat eye lately, and no I do not speak of a meowing feline.  I am referring to something a little more like this...
Lauren Conrad always wears an excellent cat eye
The best way to get a cat eye is to use either liquid eyeliner or a combination of liquid and pencil.  Here's the problem with that, most girls feel uncomfortable using liquid eyeliner.  If you don't have a steady hand or are simply inexperienced, liquid eyeliner can be scary territory.  Your eyeliner can go awry and you may cry, which will only make it look worse, which will make you half an hour late because you'll end up re-doing all of your makeup.

Don't feel bad.  I was once one of these girls who was new to the liquid eyeliner world.  As someone with large eyes I never found much of a need for eyeliner.  I usually use some mascara and call it a day.  Eyeliner is something I save for special occasions to make my already big eyes, well...bigger.  

The cat eye is a trend that I immediately fell in love with and decided to start wearing a couple of times a week.  I have mostly worn it during the daytime believe it or not.  You can definitely keep it subtle for the daytime and play it up for nighttime.  I keep a thin and clean line for daytime (with no liner on the bottom), and suggest a thicker line for the evening (with optional liner on the bottom).  When I want to play it down I only line about 1/2 of my lid, but then again I have big eyes so this may not work for you if you are not in the club.  

The eternal question: How did I get "good" with liquid eyeliner? I didn't! I purchased the best eyeliner ever.  It's a little pricey, but I have a good feeling that it will go a long way.  May I introduce the Stila stay all day waterproof liquid eyeliner.
Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner $20 @ Sephora 
A liquid eyeliner with a marker-like tip allows you to make a precise thin line by using the tip or a a thicker  line by angling it.
This eyeliner is a true GEM my friends.  So far, it is worth every penny.  I am excited to wear it thicker for nighttime.  Below is a picture of how it looks, sorry I didn't take a close up, but you get the idea of the subtle look for an evening out.  If I wanted to make it more dramatic I would line on the bottom either all the way or just half (like LC up at the top).  
My beautiful friend Gladys (on the left) and I 
Happy lining!


Any of y'all fans of the cat eye? Are you an avid liquid eyeliner user?  How did you perfect your use of liquid liner? 

6 comments:

  1. I'm mostly just commenting to say that you and Gladys are the cutest, and I miss you both!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you too Naomi. Hope I get to see you in California.
      :)

      Delete
  2. Liquid liner pens are the greatest! I started doing this freshman year (I started using liquid liner in high school, but not like this), and now I seem to have forgotten how to not do this when I do wear liner. I could NEVER go back to pencil liner for my top lid.

    Also, you are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! What liquid liner pen do you use? I need to find a more affordable version.

      Delete
  3. I've been using the Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen for the past two years. However, I'm going to try other pens because it's not nearly as great as the liquid liner that I used to use. It works just fine for me (I thought it was the greatest thing ever when I first tried it), but I'm hoping I find a product that's at least similar to what I used to use. Sadly, I don't remember what brand that one was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must check out the Revlon one then. I will have to compare it to the Stila brand, which is waterproof and doesn't smudge at all.

      Delete