Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Thoughts from a Tuesday

It has been a gorgeous couple of days in STL lately.  The weather is in the mid 40s to low 50s and sunny, today has been pretty windy though.  After the snowpocalypse of last week and subzero temperatures, this is quite an improvement.  I am soaking it up as much as possible because I know it will soon be gone before it snows again.  I spent a couple of hours outside a coffee shop doing some work and enjoying the sun in my face.  For those of you reading from the south, I know you probably think I'm crazy and the midwest is already screwing up my perception of nice weather.  

Thoughts from this Tuesday: 
  • My Book Club page has been updated with the last two recent books I read, check it out.
  • The Fault in Our Stars (TFIOS) by John Green is a young adult (YA) book I read over my winter break.  YA books are my favorite genre because of how real they are with emotion.  There is a certain transparency and innocence that comes with the feeling and emotion expressed in YA novels, one much forgotten about in the adult world.  I like to remember that it is okay to be vulnerable and reading YA novels helps me do that.  TFIOS is beautifully written, I could not put it down and read it in about two days.  It was funny, real, and heartbreaking, all of which are quintessentially very YA.  I learned that this book is in the process of being made into a movie, in theaters everywhere summer of 2014.  
  • I recently saw a great TEDx talk that I'd love to share with everyone.  This fellow sister is from my home state (Texas) and went to a university just a bit further south than my alma mater.  She has a very important message that I hope hits close to home for many, "What defines you?" 
  • This song has been on my mind a lot lately
Happy Tuesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment