Saturday, July 28, 2012

Twenty-three is my lucky year

Today I am twenty-three years old. I am incredibly thankful for each and every one of those years of my life. I have learned, I have seen, I have laughed, and I have loved. The best part is that I expect to continue to learn, to see, to laugh, and to love.

I have so many blessings to be thankful for and among them are: my best friends (you know who you are), my family, my position with Teach For America, my education, the country I live in, an ease for forgiving others, the opportunity to learn new things and further my education, and sharing a piece of my life with you on this blog.

Even though I am writing this from the road trip back to my house, I am so happy with the past week and cannot wait to share more of it with you. I've been on the road since Friday afternoon and have done my share of driving today. Below you will see pictures I took while keeping myself entertained. There is the gorgeous sunset I saw as we neared the Nevada state line. I got to see Vegas right before I turned 23. The best part was getting to see the Hoover Dam at midnight. I have some gorgeous pictures, but they're on my SLR and you will have to stay tuned to see those.

Most of my drive today was through New Mexico. You can see the empty road I drove through on Interstate 25. There were only two radio stations to choose from for most of the drive. When we hit Las Cruces we stopped to eat at a delicious Mexican restaurant. I had a plate that included lots of Green Chiles mmmm. New Mexican food is fabulous.

I'm looking forward to a birthday blizzard from Dairy Queen since we are now back in the great state of Tejas. I'm a little concerned for how tired I'm going to be tomorrow. I have every intention of celebrating my birthday tomorrow and going to my cousin's wedding in the evening.

Doable? I think YES.
La Nueva Casita Cafe has awesome New Mexican food
The names of towns/parks in New Mexico kill me! 
I drove through emptiness in New Mexico
Driving through Vegas the eve of my birthday
Funny name, serious town?
This is one of my favorite shots from the road.  The beautiful sunset behind the mountains in California.
Las Cruces, New Mexico felt like it's neighboring country

No comments:

Post a Comment