Friday, November 16, 2012

Airport Daydreams

It's finally here.  The day I get to go home to the RGV.  I am sitting in the Houston airport waiting to board my flight.  I'm surprisingly early this time and I figured I'd be exhausted when I land and wouldn't gather the energy to blog.  I'm thinking of this commercial and secretly hoping it happens to me.  Can you blame me though?  Maybe that's why I am early today.

I do love airports though.  Am I the only one who thinks there is a romance about them?  People watching, seeing people arrive at their destination, people eager to see friends and loved ones.  Lovers, grandparents, mothers, daughters, husbands, wives, the men and women who serve our country, doctors, business people.  You see it all.  I particularly enjoy making new friends at the airport.

This evening I spotted a good looking someone who caught my eye from about 20 feet.  Nice smile, check.  Dressed low-key but put together, check.  Pulls out a book to catch up on reading, check.  Scoping out the title of the book...still working on it.  Wedding ring finger bare, check.  Call me a creeper, or call me a dreamer, I enjoy admiring from afar.  There have been songs written about moments like this, poems, books.  I just hope that by off chance we share a row on our flight #wishfulthinking (Yep, just did that).

Today I am thankful for

  • Conversations with my best friend
  • Seeing my family tonight
  • Road trips alone with my thoughts
  • Flights alone with my thoughts 
  • Fourth grade pen pals 
Catch y'all en el valle
Back to some daydreams ;)

A Texas sunset on my drive today

No comments:

Post a Comment