Sunday, November 4, 2012

Big To-Do's

Feeling accomplished.  Check out this to-do list I made for myself this morning...
Scheduling out my day
Up until a couple of hours ago I actually accomplished all things on that list.  I am very proud of myself.  Being a teacher is hard work my friends.  Things are going by so fast, and I feel like Christmas will be here before we know it.  The grad school essay is still a work in progress, I have finally cut it down to five pages, but it still needs to be condensed to four.  I am awaiting my official transcript in the mail so that I can upload it in a PDF and click SUBMIT.  I am so anxious and so excited at the same time.

I am also feeling an urge to head to Texas soon, I feel homesick for my family, for my hometown, and for all things Texan.  Good BBQ, sweet tea, Houston, Austin, the Rio Grande Valley, all of it.  I have next Veteran's Day Weekend off and I'm thinking of paying my sweet cousin in Beaumont a little visit. I miss her and I don't get to see her as much as I'd like to anymore.

The hardest thing I've found about being in the "real" world and being a true "adult" with responsibilities is making the effort to keep in touch with those that are important to you.  I struggled with that a lot last year and I'm doing better this year, but I definitely want to keep improving.  This also includes my family.  I talk to my mom regularly, but for example my cousin, my dad, my other family members I tend to start leaving behind for one reason or another.  Excuses are not okay, and I hate to be one to make them.  Everyone is busy, you just have to make time for those that matter to you.  I'm guilty of not doing it, but we can only go up from there ;)

Happy belated Halloween! 
This Halloween card I received doubled as a card AND a mask! How nifty.
 Goodbye football season!
Last high school football game for me.  So bittersweet.
 and hopefully...a hello to graduate school! 

Hey, I need to fully envision these BIG dreams of mine ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment