Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Great Teacher Depression

Easy like Sunday morning...

I made the executive decision to include pumpkin in my diet today, it is the official start of fall after all, so that makes it okay, right?

Sunday morning breakfast was a bit of a splurge for the week.  It included Bisquick Pancake Mix, vanilla extract, baking powder, dash of sugar, six tablespoons of pumpkin, a teaspoon or so of pumpkin spice, an egg, and some milk.  MmmmMmmm was it tasty!  I present to you, pumpkin pancakes...
There was no burning happening in my kitchen, the orange mix just took to a darker color :) 
Remember, these boots? I think they may arrive TOMORROW!! How's that for an exciting Monday afternoon?! I cannot wait to wear them.  I think I will transition from What I Wore Wednesday to Fashion Friday.  I think we can all agree that my Casual Friday work clothes are way better than my business casual Wednesday clothes.  Fashion Friday will therefore commence this week.

Friday is pay day, and it cannot get here soon enough.  The roommates and I are treating ourselves to a Spa Day and a movie.  You see, the last time we got paid was mid-August.  This, my friends, is what I like to call The Great Teacher Depression.  We, the teachers, on a low-paying salary and working our butts off every day of the week, weekends included have to wait 6 weeks between paychecks....AHHHH.  As a result, here is what our fridge now looks like.  Essentially, we are living like poor college students until Friday.

The fridge of a Greatly Depressed Teacher (ha!)
While the fridge may appear to be stocked, let me tell you all of what is in there.  Condiments, sour cream (running low), butter (running low), eggs, beer, cider, skinny girl margaritas, water, Acai Berry Juice, Syrup, pumpkin puree, an apple, Special K protein shakes, pasta sauce, lettuce, tortillas, celery, carrots, kale, and tomatoes.

We will be eating rice, corn, beans, quinoa, and Annie's Mac & Cheese for the next couple of days.  Then, next weekend, it is off to Sam's to stock up on the essentials.

Oh, and here's the song I'm obsessed with these days...

What's in your fridge?

No comments:

Post a Comment