Monday, September 10, 2012

Dub Steppin' to my future

Let's begin with something semi-impulsive I did like...yesterday...

Seattle bound next month! 
Yes. I cannot get enough of the Pacific Northwest and Seattle is on my mind.  I have a couple of things on my list for this visit in late October:

1. Spontaneity
2. Roof climbing 
3. Official visit with graduate admissions at U-Dub (moral support, Lisa?)
4. Zero Dead Nazis

Questions on my mind:

1. Can I handle the lack of sun for the fall/winter season?
2. Can I handle the misty rainy days year round?
3. Will the above affect my mood?
4. Am I being overly pre-cautious?

I really hate to think so far ahead about this U-Dub graduate program, but I am truly floored by this opportunity.  It kills me trying to wrap my brain around it and I'm just simply going to go with it.  I'm excited, but I'm extremely nervous about the application process.  The school is highly selective and more than 25 percent enter the school with a deep commitment to service.  Although I do feel qualified and the mission statement resonates with what I care about, I want this to be evident in my interactions with admissions and in my application.  I promise that I spent about 15 minutes before going to bed each night thinking about getting into U-Dub and where a Masters in Social Work degree can take me.  I also miss learning in the classroom setting, but also doing hands-on service.  Okay, so I am working for social justice every day, but still...JUST SEND ME GOOD VIBES, ALRIGHT?!

On a different note, the girls and I wined and dined on the town Saturday evening.  The evening weather was perfect.  It was crisp outside and I could smell the start of fall.  We got dressed up and walked to the best restaurant in town.  Yes, we walked in our heels and felt beautiful.  
That porch will soon be filled with pumpkins and halloween decor
What I Wore Saturday: Dress - Marshalls
Necklace - Strut in Austin, Texas
Shoes - Nine West
Bag - Antonio Melani 
"Cheers to the Freaking Weekend" 
The eight beautiful corps members that reside across the street from one another in rural central Louisiana 
We had some Bacon Wrapped Dates stuffed with Brie  
The Baked Oyster Trio
Barbecued Shrimp in a heavenly sauce I would gladly bathe in ;)
My beautiful roommate and birthday girl!  
And lastly, if you need an indoor workout, never underestimate the power of Michael Jackson: The Experience. 
Just prepping for Thriller 
Don't doubt it for a minute...

1 comment:

  1. We got Seattle in the palm of our hands! Let's do this <3

    ReplyDelete