Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Inversion Number Two: Check

Some exciting news today:
  • I wore my Frye Boots for the first time today! I received many compliments at school, even from my boys.  
  • I mastered Salamba Sirasana II AKA: Tripod Headstand. Wahoo! I really thought I wasn't going to get it until at least November.  If you're thinking, "what's the big difference going from Salamba Sirasana I to Salamba Sirasana II?" Well, different headstands or inversions are different for everyone.  While one may appear difficult to one person, another may have the right arm strength or core strength to do another type of inversion.  Regardless, I'm proud of myself.  Last May I would not have been able to do this.  
  • I'm also getting closer and closer to doing the non-modified version of Koundinyasana I 
  • New goal is the forearm stand called Pincha Mayurasana
Obviously I was excited
..smiling and smiling. Focusing on my breathing.
...and finally balancing.
Tuesday Teacher outfit with my Fryes
Have you accomplished a fitness goal lately? Please share! 

2 comments:

  1. HAHA, these yoga words...these words I cannot pronounce. Reminds me of that scene from Selena where the dad can't pronounce "bustier" - "bus-t-caca" LOL.

    PS. Love your new photo ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias! Checkout my FAQ. You'll be presently surprised ;)
      It's almost Seattle time again!!!

      Delete