Monday, October 22, 2012

Anyway


Perfect rainbow in Tacoma, Washington yesterday
Back in the south already my friends.  I sure miss Washington already, and I can only hope that a move there is in my future.  As I begin my week I would like to share some words that have been on my mind the past couple of days.  I heard this poem/prayer back in college and it inspires growth through risk taking.  I think that the fight for social justice requires courage and perseverance, and sometimes we need a little reminder to fight anyway.

People are often unreasonable,
illogical, and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of
Selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you successful, you will win some
False friend and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank,
People may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building,
Someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness,
They may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today,
People will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have,
And it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis,
It is between you and God;
It never was between you and them anyway.

- Mother Teresa of Calcutta - 

1 comment: