Friday, June 22, 2012

1, 2, 3...

I hope you read the previous post, it's filled with great information even if it is lengthy.  This one is a shorty, I promise.  I have a couple of songs (1) I'd like to share, an article (2) Leigh Leigh showed me, and a blog (3) I'd like to share.  I will organize it for you in case you want to scroll past the stuff that doesn't interest you.  But hopefully all of it does, but if it doesn't don't tell me. You'll hurt my feelings ;)

(1) Songs
You may have heard this song in the Chevy Sonic commercial or in The Last Song (yes, the one with Miley).  There is something about this song that touches my soul.  The lyrics are powerful.  Enjoy. 

I heard this song today for the first time in a long, long, long time.  It brings back sweet memories for me.  It gives me butterflies in my stomach and I think my heart flutters when I hear it sporadically like I do.  Isn't love great? I can definitely relate to Keith's words in this song.  

The real winner is the song below.  I recently took notice of this song at the wedding I went to last Saturday.  Yes, the wedding mentioned in Entre Pairos y Derivas.  Adele's "One and Only" was the first dance song.  It was beautiful, but I had never really listened to the song before.  Adele's music tends to be kind of "wah-wah-wah no one loves me" and that's not really my style.  Beautiful voice though.  Something about listening to "One and Only" stood out to me and so I went home and looked up the lyrics.  If the lyrics in a song touch my heart chances are that I will like the song 90X better.  I read the lyrics and they described perfectly how I was feeling about said person in the post linked above.  EEEK...
I hope you like it as much as I did. 


(2) Article - here is a little something to regain our faith in humanity :)

(3) Blog Just discovered my friend Lisa Marie's blog Pretty Little Moments.  She's a great writer and has a beautiful layout.  Go visit :) 


Told ya that was short! 

Which was your favorite song? What was your favorite story in the article? 

2 comments:

  1. “This life is what you make it. Not matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, somg go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And babe, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up becuase if you give up, you'll never find your soul mate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.”
    ― Marilyn Monroe


    Thought this quote works for what you're pondering right now. Marilyn has some awesome quotes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous, thank you for reading. I hope you come back.
    I appreciate the quote, they always inspire me.
    :)

    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete