My heart is SO full. Full of humility, love, gratefulness, and happiness. I am so thankful for how blessed I have been this year. I feel as though I have been living up to my goals and resolutions so far. The most important "la joie de vivre" - the joy of living.
Let's take a look at some personal goals here from this post.
Go on a blind date Ask someone out on a date, because who says I can't go after what I want?
- Find a more unified theme for my blog, and increase my viewing audience
- Go on at least four brewery tours by the end of the year
- Ride a hot air balloon
- Send birthday packages/care packages/cards to show I love my family and friends
- Buy all Christmas gifts by the end of November
- Send out Christmas cards by the first week of December
- Make a habit out of reading CNN, just like I read blogs/social media sites
- Every time I open social media I have to open CNN or another news source
- Minimizing all meat intake to once a week
- Go ALL OUT for holidays (Valentine's, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Fourth of July, Mardi Gras)
- Travel abroad at least once this year
Travel to NYC, New Orleans, Dallas (for you, Sarah), Boston, Seattle, and Santa Fe
- Take another road trip across the country
- See more of my best friends (in person)
Go to at least one concert
That's pretty darn successful for February 2013, especially considering I had not purchased plane tickets or concert ticket to either. I feel good about this list, and I think it's definitely possible to complete everything by December.
I just returned from my trip to New York City and it was incredible. I had the most wonderful time with my roommate visiting friends, being young, and simply living. I'd love to give a brief update in pictures and a short list of places I highly enjoyed. I have never felt so alive in the city, and even though I have no desire of living there, it was a blast to visit as a twenty-something.
|Of course we arrived in the middle of Blizzard Nemo|
|Made a new friend on the left, reunited with a new friend on the right, and had a great time with my roomie|
|NYC streets were dead in the middle of the night during Nemo|
|But the snow made Central Park look magical the next morning|
|Met up with my college friend, Erica!|
|She took me to the Big Gay Ice-Cream Shop!|
|The baby was soft serve with caramel topped with sea salt and covered in chocolate!|
|There was a romance about Washington Square Park|
|Serendipity has legit hot dogs!|
|But they are even more serious about their Frozen Hot Chocolate!|
|Beauty in the Upper West Side|
|NYC night life|
|Craziness in Grand Central Station|
|Ended the trip with a PHENOMENAL performance by Mumford & Sons|
|Huge venue, but I was honored to be SO, SO, close to the stage|
Are you experiencing "La joie de vivre" this year?