Saturday, February 16, 2013

"La joie de vivre"

My heart is SO full.  Full of humility, love, gratefulness, and happiness.  I am so thankful for how blessed I have been this year.  I feel as though I have been living up to my goals and resolutions so far.  The most important "la joie de vivre" - the joy of living.  

Let's take a look at some personal goals here from this post.


Personal Goals
  • Go on a blind date
  • Ask someone out on a date, because who says I can't go after what I want?
  • Find a more unified theme for my blog, and increase my viewing audience
  • Go on at least four brewery tours by the end of the year
  • Ride a hot air balloon
  • Send birthday packages/care packages/cards to show I love my family and friends 
  • Buy all Christmas gifts by the end of November
  • Send out Christmas cards by the first week of December
  • Make a habit out of reading CNN, just like I read blogs/social media sites
    • Every time I open social media I have to open CNN or another news source
  • Minimizing all meat intake to once a week
  • Go ALL OUT for holidays (Valentine's, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Fourth of July, Mardi Gras)
  • Travel abroad at least once this year 
  • Travel to NYC, New Orleans, Dallas (for you, Sarah), Boston, Seattle, and Santa Fe
  • Take another road trip across the country
  • See more of my best friends (in person)
  • Go to at least one concert

That's pretty darn successful for February 2013, especially considering I had not purchased plane tickets or concert ticket to either.  I feel good about this list, and I think it's definitely possible to complete everything by December.

I just returned from my trip to New York City and it was incredible.  I had the most wonderful time with my roommate visiting friends, being young, and simply living.  I'd love to give a brief update in pictures and a short list of places I highly enjoyed.  I have never felt so alive in the city, and even though I have no desire of living there, it was a blast to visit as a twenty-something.

Of course we arrived in the middle of Blizzard Nemo
Made a new friend on the left, reunited with a new friend on the right, and had a great time with my roomie 
NYC streets were dead in the middle of the night during Nemo
But the snow made Central Park look magical the next morning

Magical 

Met up with my college friend,  Erica! 
She took me to the Big Gay Ice-Cream Shop!  
The baby was soft serve with caramel topped with sea salt and covered in chocolate! 
There was a romance about Washington Square Park
Serendipity has legit hot dogs! 
But they are even more serious about their Frozen Hot Chocolate!  
Beauty in the Upper West Side
NYC night life
Craziness in Grand Central Station
Ended the trip with a PHENOMENAL performance by Mumford & Sons
Huge venue, but I was honored to be SO, SO, close to the stage
Are you experiencing "La joie de vivre" this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment