- Odd numbers are my favorite
- The number thirteen has a history of good things in my family
- There will be lots of change happening this year, and I embrace change
- Go on a blind date
- Ask someone out on a date, because who says I can't go after what I want?
- Find a more unified theme for my blog, and increase my viewing audience
- Go on at least four brewery tours by the end of the year
- Ride a hot air balloon
- Send birthday packages/care packages/cards to show I love my family and friends
- Buy all Christmas gifts by the end of November
- Send out Christmas cards by the first week of December
- Make a habit out of reading CNN, just like I read blogs/social media sites
- Every time I open social media I have to open CNN or another news source
- Minimizing all meat intake to once a week
- Go ALL OUT for holidays (Valentine's, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Fourth of July, Mardi Gras)
- Travel abroad at least once this year
- Travel to NYC, New Orleans, Dallas (for you, Sarah), Boston, Seattle, and Santa Fe
- Take another road trip across the country
- See more of my best friends (in person)
- Go to at least one concert
- Continue to improve my yoga practice, and master at least two more headstands, including variations of dolphin and scorpion
- Join a yoga studio by the end of September 2013
- Join a gym with spinning classes by the end of September 2013 and join
- Find a team sport/ book club (not physical, but still) / beer tasting club or other group the join by October 2013
- If accepted to a graduate program I want to choose one that will help achieve my long-term professional goals
- Apply to work at Teach For America's Summer Institute to gain professional development and better improve my management skills and leading a group of people towards success.
- Give my students a purpose every day for why they are in my classroom, with a goal-driven mindset until they exit in May 2013
- Mentor at minimum two more students individually on their life goals
- Set up a field trip for my Spanish I & Spanish II students by end of March 2013
- Make sure I am always doing something to work for social justice, whether that is volunteering somewhere new, helping individuals, or donating to a cause.
This list is definitely subject to change and I will probably add to it. So much to accomplish, but it's a long year. Among all these goals I want to create more. The world is my canvas...
|I'll show you how it turns out in 2013 ;)|
What about you, share one thing you'd like to accomplish in 2013?