Sunday, December 30, 2012

Late Night Thoughts

What is it about certain songs that take us to a place we've never been before?  I've probably heard "Closing Time" by Semisonic a thousand times, since it came out in the late 90s.  Heard it on the car drive to elementary school as my older brother listened to the local rock station.  Heard it in high school, heard it all through college.  I still hear it, and it's not like this song brings any vivid memories back to me.  I never created any memorable times with the song.

On the contrary, this song fast forwards me to something I have yet to live.  Does that make any sense at all?  Do any songs do this for you? Do they make you wish you could create a great memory to it in the future?

This song does exactly that for me.

"Closing Time"

Maybe in a pub, maybe in a year or two, hopefully not with someone sleazy, I'll know who I want to take me home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment