Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Cajun Christmas

Hi there, 

I'm sorry I've been distant.  I sure have missed you.  Hope you're glad to have me back.  December has been all sorts of crazy with the end of the school semester and parties and to-do's.  Don't worry, I have a whirlwind of a post to catch y'all up though. 

In the past weeks, I've...

Attended one too many Christmas parties and indulged in lots of goodies. Proof below.
My beauty of a friend, Lizzie and I wearing our Christmas Cracker finds.
Some of the beautiful ladies I have the honor of calling my friends! 
At our Teach For America holiday party
I may or may not have worn this scandalous number
I experienced quite a treat and understood what a Cajun Christmas means.
A Cajun Christmas means alligators instead of reindeer
A Cajun Christmas means having an alligator in your Christmas card
I applied to Washington University in St. Louis for their Social Work program.


I find out about admission by the end of January/Early February.  I'm so scared, that's also when I find out about University of Washington in Seattle.  Believe me when I say it was quite eventful when my recommenders got the schools confused because of the similarities in the name.  WashU in St. Louis offers two annual scholarships to former Teach For America corps members, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed there.  Both schools I applied to are incredible, and being accepted to either would be an honor.  In the end it may come down to cost...we'll just have to see. 

At some point in December I made the not so smart, but incredibly fun decision to have a Teachers Night Out with my roommates on a Thursday night.  Didn't make for a fun Friday teaching though.  My poor little post-grad body can't handle a glass of wine and a peach martini unfortunately.
Sometimes it's necessary to not follow the rules...it keeps life interesting
I got an awesome secret santa present, and gave an awesome secret santa gift.  More on what I received later ;) 
Part of my gift to my roommate was a hand painted mug, thanks to Pinterest. Here's a sneak peek of it.
I free handed the state of Louisiana myself 

She's a tea drinker! 
 My teaming group at school got matching Monogrammed sweatshirts, and we took a Christmas picture to prove it!
(L-->R) Ms. Leta, Mr. Mac, Mr. B., Ms. Pat, me, and Ms. Marcy
One of my first groups of students on our last day together! I get new babies next semester. LOVE them.
It has been such a blessing to have my students two years in a row.  I'm going to miss them so much.  I'm so excited to see some more of last year's students next semester and for a new bunch that I will have as well for Spanish I.  These kids have taught me so much more than I ever expected, and at times I think they taught me more than I taught them.  

On a final note, I have a student playing matchmaker...which will potentially lead to a blind date in the near future.  Gotta keep life interesting, right? 
;)

Merry early Christmas. 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment