Sunday, January 6, 2013

Decisions

Lemon Drops were the drink of last night
Aren't you just in a deciding mood sometimes?  Usually I'm pretty indecisive, not the best decision maker.  Lately though, I'm all about making decisions.  On this beautiful Sunday before starting work again I will give you some insight into two executive decisions I have made.

  • Making my bed regularly - I know this sounds super petty and ridiculous, but I've always been the girl who has made her bed every day.  Even through college I still made my bed daily.  When I moved to Louisiana a year and a half ago I somehow stopped.  I think this had something to do with the fact that I was going through a hard time that I stopped caring.  Now, I'm in a different state of mind and I woke up one day while I was home in Texas for winter break and thought, "Hmmm...I think I want to start making my bed every day again."  So, no more unmade bed for me.  It works for some people, and I tried it for a bit, but it wasn't for me.  I will wake up five minutes earlier just to get that task done.  Besides, I'm pretty sure I've read that people who make their bed in the morning are more productive.  

  • "Anything Could Happen" by: Ellie Goulding will be my theme song of 2013 - Not only is this song featured in Girls, but it's pretty damn great.  It gives 2013 such a purpose for me.  Go read the lyrics or just listen to this song.  Last night, my first night back in Louisiana I made some pretty great memories to that song with some friends.  Dancing and laughing...oh, what a night it was.

My roommate Kathryn, her BFF Dan and I 
Cue Ellie Goulding playing in the background
What decisions have you made lately? Do you have a theme song for 2013? 

No comments:

Post a Comment