Saturday, March 23, 2013

Liebster

Thank goodness it's spring y'all! I am so happy to see flowers blooming, the weather getting warmer, sunny showers, and brighter colors taking over my wardrobe.  Spring is bittersweet because it means my last weeks in Louisiana will soon come to an end and a chapter in my life will close, but I've got to focus on enjoying the daily happenings in my life.

On a sunnier note, my sweet friend Christine at xtine danielle has nominated me for the Liebster Award.  I've always wanted to be nominated for a blog award and getting my blog out there is one of my annual goals.  Working as a busy teacher, I don't get to focus on my blog as much as I would like to, but come summer time and once I start graduate school in the fall I intend on dedicating much more time to The Bright Side.


Thank YOU Christine for the nomination and for helping me to promote my blog.  Christine is one of the sunniest people I know, she has an incredible story and always has a smile on her face.  I remember Christine being a pleasure to talk to at all times, her love for the Boston Red Sox, and her love for good music.

What is it?
The Liebster Award is given to new and upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers or so.  Liebster is German for "sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome." 


Nomination made by...
Christine at xtine danielle nominated me here for the award. Merci, beaucoup.

Liebster rules...
Learning more about each other is the name of the game. The Liebster blog award rules are as follows:
  1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
  2. Answer 11 questions from your nominator.
  3. Nominate 11 other blogs with under 200 followers and ask them 11 questions.
11 Random Facts About Me
  1. I like odd numbers.  A lot.  Whenever I pump gas I have to stop pumping at an odd number, like $33.03. Oh, I guess I also like the number three. 
  2. My favorite time of day is twilight or just before, right when the evening starts to get a little bit cooler.  Everything looks magical at this time of day.
  3. I really enjoy dining outside whenever the weather is warm enough and not too humid.
  4. I am in love with the Pacific Northwest.
  5. I am a die-hard proud Texan and love all things Texas, including: bluebonnets, country music, boots, the rodeo, the Lone Star flag, Shiner beer, BBQ, and the Alamo.
  6. Even though it's difficult for me to choose, I think my favorite season is fall. No, summer...no, fall. It's definitely fall. 
  7. My first language was Spanish and I did not learn English fluently until I was five years old.
  8. The sweetest voice I've ever heard comes out of the mouth of Amos Lee.
  9. I truly enjoy buying creative and thoughtful gifts for people more than I enjoy receiving them.
  10. My favorite alcoholic beverages include: microbrews, red wine (Malbec), and anything with gin.
  11. I cannot see myself not working for social justice, specifically education.   
11 Questions Posed by Nominator
  1. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging (the first time) when I was a sophomore in college because my good friend told me I should spread my positivity.  The name came from how many times I said "on the bright side" to others.  I stopped blogging, not knowing much about it short after my junior year and not sure of what direction I wanted my blog to take.  After a life-changing year post-graduation I returned to the blog world and have been back ever since.
  2. Describe yourself in two words. Silver Lining ;)
  3. What’s your all time favorite tv show? Can I have four? Friends, Grey's Anatomy, The Wonder Years, and Gilmore Girls.
  4. What’s one quirky thing about yourself? Everything about me is quirky (right, Margarew?).  I like leaving notes on my receipts for waiters and waitresses at restaurants, even if it's simply a handwritten thank you.
  5. What’s your biggest inspiration? Currently, my students, and all who have experienced and/or are currently experiencing injustices in our country.
  6. Name three places you’d like to travel to? In the United States: Oregon, Maine, and Alaska.  In the World: Argentina, Ireland, and Morocco.  But really I would love to go to all seven continents.
  7. Have you ever sky dived? Would you? I have never sky dived nor do I have the desire to do so. I feel like this is that one question that defines whether I am "cool, hip, or happening" lol.  Sorry I'm not sorry.
  8. What’s your favorite quality about yourself? I attempt to be humble, inspirational to others, and empathetic.
  9. What’s your favorite social media tool/network? It's a tie between Twitter and the Instagram. Probably Twitter, though.
  10. If you won a million dollars, what would you do with it? I wish I had a moving and monumental answer to this, but I would have to do a lot of thinking.  I would definitely hire a lawyer first.  Then, I would pay off my graduate school.  After this is taken care of I would expect myself to do only good and necessary things with the money.
  11. What’s your all time favorite meal? Food is my favorite thing. I enjoy a good meal and this is so difficult to decide.  My favorite meal would definitely include seafood (fish, scallops, crab cakes), a twice baked potato, an amazing salad, a glass of wine, and plain cheesecake with strawberries for dessert. 
My 11 Liebster Award Nominations

11 Questions For Nominated Bloggers
  1. What is your favorite season?
  2. Who was your first concert?
  3. What is your go-to Karaoke song?
  4. What is your favorite quote and why?
  5. What is your favorite blog post and give us the link to it?
  6. Who or what inspires you?
  7. What is one thing you cannot do without in the morning?
  8. When are you at your happiest? 
  9. List three strengths and three weaknesses about yourself.
  10. What is your all-time favorite song?
  11. What are three blogs you read regularly?

Enjoy. If you're a reader, feel free to answer the questions above in a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment