On a sunnier note, my sweet friend Christine at xtine danielle has nominated me for the Liebster Award. I've always wanted to be nominated for a blog award and getting my blog out there is one of my annual goals. Working as a busy teacher, I don't get to focus on my blog as much as I would like to, but come summer time and once I start graduate school in the fall I intend on dedicating much more time to The Bright Side.
Thank YOU Christine for the nomination and for helping me to promote my blog. Christine is one of the sunniest people I know, she has an incredible story and always has a smile on her face. I remember Christine being a pleasure to talk to at all times, her love for the Boston Red Sox, and her love for good music.
What is it?
The Liebster Award is given to new and upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers or so. Liebster is German for "sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome."
Nomination made by...
11 Random Facts About Me
- I like odd numbers. A lot. Whenever I pump gas I have to stop pumping at an odd number, like $33.03. Oh, I guess I also like the number three.
- My favorite time of day is twilight or just before, right when the evening starts to get a little bit cooler. Everything looks magical at this time of day.
- I really enjoy dining outside whenever the weather is warm enough and not too humid.
- I am in love with the Pacific Northwest.
- I am a die-hard proud Texan and love all things Texas, including: bluebonnets, country music, boots, the rodeo, the Lone Star flag, Shiner beer, BBQ, and the Alamo.
- Even though it's difficult for me to choose, I think my favorite season is fall. No, summer...no, fall. It's definitely fall.
- My first language was Spanish and I did not learn English fluently until I was five years old.
- The sweetest voice I've ever heard comes out of the mouth of Amos Lee.
- I truly enjoy buying creative and thoughtful gifts for people more than I enjoy receiving them.
- My favorite alcoholic beverages include: microbrews, red wine (Malbec), and anything with gin.
- I cannot see myself not working for social justice, specifically education.
11 Questions Posed by Nominator
My 11 Liebster Award Nominations
11 Questions For Nominated Bloggers
- What is your favorite season?
- Who was your first concert?
- What is your go-to Karaoke song?
- What is your favorite quote and why?
- What is your favorite blog post and give us the link to it?
- Who or what inspires you?
- What is one thing you cannot do without in the morning?
- When are you at your happiest?
- List three strengths and three weaknesses about yourself.
- What is your all-time favorite song?
- What are three blogs you read regularly?
Enjoy. If you're a reader, feel free to answer the questions above in a comment.