Friday, June 21, 2013

Fashion Friday

Since I slacked on WIWW (What I Wore Wednesday), let's do a Fashion Friday for kicks.

Happy Friday!

Today I spent a lot of time organizing some t-shirts and packing them into a box to mail to Project Repat.  You see I've been wanting a t-shirt blanket for a good while now, and finally the other day a Groupon became available for one! I bought it back in January or February and had to redeem it by July 1st. Being the procrastinator I am, I of course, finally decided it was time to take care of business.  Project Repat is a company that is way more affordable than your typical t-shirt quilt maker and are high-quality and awesome.  I will make sure to post my results once my blanket shows up in 4-6 weeks.  Hopefully before I head out to St. Louis!

Now for today's outfit.  I'm obsessed with skirts--maxi, mid-length, tiered, I love skirts.  I'm not usually a Forever 21 shopper, quite frankly the store is overwhelming and I am too indecisive to spend less than 30 minutes there and get what I want.  Also, I don't like their return policy.  However, when I am having a fashion obsession (ie. skirts) I track down the most affordable location for it. This means FoFo (Forever 21), H&M (doesn't exist back home), or TJ Maxx.  This is just a forewarning as to all the skirts you may be seeing me in.

Second, the necklace I'm wearing in the pictures I scouted from TJ Maxx. I've been looking for a great simple and classic piece of turquoise jewelry that is truly timeless and chic.  I fell in love with this pure turquoise necklace I found at less than $25 (STEAL!).

Before you see the outfit, please excuse the selfies, I usually find someone to take a picture of me, but I lacked a friend today.
Genuine Gemstone Turquoise Necklace - TJ Maxx
Blouse & Skirt - Forever 21
Belt - Stein Mart
Sandals (not visible) - Target circa 2008 
Tiered Skirt 
Hope your weekend is off to a great start ;)

1 comment:

  1. Melon and turquoise is always a good combination. One of my favorite!

    ReplyDelete