Sunday, July 21, 2013

Project Repat // T-Shirt Blanket

I've been waiting to write a post about my awesome t-shirt blanket! Months ago I bought a Groupon for approximately $67 for a full size (5'x6') t-shirt blanket.  Years ago when I was in college I saw that a friend of mine had one that her grandmother made her and it was absolutely perfect.  I had fallen in love and wanted one ever since.  I never did it because every time I researched online for local people to make one for me the cost exceeded my budget.  Usually at least $200 for the most basic style and definitely ranging in the $300 zone.  Simply too expensive!

Project Repat (the company I bought the Groupon for) is completely affordable and sustainable.  The company is based out of Massachusetts and partners with three different organizations to produce the t-shirt blankets.  One of the partnerships is with a non-profit that provides jobs for people with disabilities! Neat, huh?

How does it work? It's simple, you go to their website and decide what size of blanket you want.  The larger the blanket, the greater the cost and the more t-shirts needed.  The blanket can be as small as a throw made of 9 t-shirts (right now on sale for $70) or as large as a king size bed (8'x8' or 64 t-shirts) and running at $250.  The blankets are made up of 1'x1' squares of  t-shirts on one side and high quality Polar-Tec fleece on the other side.  Oh, and let me add that this is HIGH QUALITY fleece, it's so thick and so warm. You do NOT have to worry about any additional shipping.  Project Repat will send you a kit immediately for you to mail your shirts to them and within 4-6 weeks you'll have a blanket! I was really impressed with the timing of it all.  I'm sure it varies, but the entire process did not take more than 3 weeks for me and I had it shipped from Massachusetts to Texas!

Project Repat also has great customer service, they shoot you an e-mail from an actual person (not one of those automated e-mails you can't respond to) when they receive your shirts.  I e-mailed them to ask if I could have grey fleece (because it wasn't an option online) and they responded immediately saying "of course" and that they would edit my order for me.

The best part about Project Repat and me sharing my blanket with you is that you can use THIS CODE right now to get 15% off your blanket! Take advantage now.

You're welcome!
Happy t-shirt blanket ordering. Feel free to drop me a comment below if you have any additional questions or concerns regarding Project Repat.

No comments:

Post a Comment